« All Events
Feeling at Home: Creating Affirming Environments for LGBTQ People
June 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Feeling at Home: Creating Affirming Environments for LGBTQ People. On June 17 from 10-1130 a.m. Central Ezra Halstead, a Case Manager at FreeState Justice, will host a webinar on how to help LGBTQ people more at home in our services. Throughout the world, transgender and gender-expansive people face various challenges when it comes to accessing quality housing services and, affirming and safe environments, and Nebraska is no exception. In this presentation, audience members will first learn:
- Essential LGBTQ concepts and terminology to ensure a baseline understanding of the subject;
- A plethora of statistics and real-life examples will be given to encapsulate the current realities of dealing with housing, homelessness, and shelter access while trans; and,
- Best practices when working with trans clients will also be discussed along with how everyone can take small steps towards creating a welcoming environment for all. This can include trans folks who are accessing the space you are creating for meetings, shelter, training and working space.
- To Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1999459003411973390