H3C Event Calendar
- This event has passed.
Alcohol Education: Prime for Life – Ages 21 and Up
April 24, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$70
Alcohol Education: Prime for Life is an 8-hour alcohol education class for adults or youth. The goal of this program is reduce the incidence of alcohol-related problems in adults and youth. This nationally recognized and evidence-based program focuses on personal risk-reduction (choices) and self-assessment specifically related to alcohol. The program is voluntary, however, many are referred by court, probation, or juvenile services for a Minor-In-Possession/Consumption of Alcohol (first offense), Driving Under the Influence, or another first-time alcohol-related offense. Cost is $70; direct school referrals are welcome at a reduced rate of $60. Pre-registration is necessary. This class is also offered in Spanish.
Prime for Life. It’s for the curious, the concerned, and those making high-risk choices. Approximately three out of every ten people in the United States make alcohol and/or drug choices that research shows are high risk. They experience the most problems, and this experience is tailored for them. This group includes, but is not limited to, people with a legal or policy violation on the road (impaired driving offenders), on the job, or at school. Prime programs are most appropriate for about ages 13 and older.
What We Teach, How We Teach It. The Exploring Unit examines the perception of personal risk; the Reflecting Unit illustrates the progression toward addiction and allows participants to assess where they might be on that path and the Protecting Unit guides preparation for personal change.
- Research and insights based on more than 1,800 studies conducted over the last 75 years around the globe
- With persuasion and motivational protocol, utilizing principles and processes consistent with Motivational Interviewingand the Transtheoretical Model
- Specific guidance regarding personal choices, the management of resistance, support for change, and a plan for success
- Activities that are to be completed during sessions utilizing workbooks required for all participants
- Presenting carefully selected information in a non-judgmental way which provokes new thinking and provides individuals with a solid basis for making decisions about their own alcohol and drug use
Instructor-Led. The Prime For Life experience is led by a certified instructor, and certification in any version of Prime For Life allows an instructor to deliver all versions of the program.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Education Classes offered at the
Central Nebraska Council on Alcoholism & Addictions
219 West 2nd Street, Grand Island, Nebraska (308) 385-5520 www.cncaa.net